CHI Oakes Hospital Clinic patients can now schedule virtual visits with Dr Katie O’Brien as a convenient safe care option for high quality care when you need it, with out leaving the comfort of your home.
Functioning much like Skype or a FaceTime call, a virtual visit uses live, secure, HIPPA compliant video technology to allow patients to directly and securely see and speak with their provider through the convenience of their mobile device, tablet, or computer.
During the visit, providers are able to provide a treatment plan, just as they would for an in-person appointment, including the option to prescribe medication and request follow up care. For more information, or to schedule an appointment please call 701-742-3600.
FAQs - Scheduled Virtual Visits with Primary and Specialty Care
What is a virtual visit?
A virtual visit is an appointment with your provider during which secure, live video is used. All aspects and quality of the visit are similar to an in-person visit, except you do not have to drive to the clinic.
What is the cost of a virtual visit?
The cost of a virtual visit is about the same as it would cost if you were to see the provider in person.
Will there be a co-pay?
It depends on your insurance coverage. If you are required to pay a co-pay during an in-person visit, then it will also apply for your video visit. You may receive a mailed request for payment.
What do I need to use a video visit?
You must have an internet-enabled device with a camera and a speakerphone. Examples include smartphones, tablets and desktop computers. Cellular data charges may apply if you are not using Wi-Fi for your connection, check with your carrier if you have questions about your data plan.
How long does a visit last?
Depending on the nature of your visit, it should be no different than an in-person visit.
Do I have to be in a specific location for a virtual visit?
You may be in any location where you can safely access your device and have optimal internet connectivity. We recommend finding a location where you can keep your personal health information private
Are there special tools/equipment I will need for my virtual appointment?
Depending on the nature of your visit, a thermometer, blood pressure measurement and a flashlight could be helpful.
Do you record any virtual visits?
Virtual visits are never recorded and are encrypted to ensure privacy. They are also HIPAA compliant so they protect your privacy. Learn more here: Zoom
FAQs - Specific to Zoom
Where do I go for technical support?
- Please contact your doctor’s office for assistance.
How does a video visit work?
- You will receive an appointment confirmation from your physician with instructions on next steps.
- From your mobile device
- You will need to download a Zoom Cloud Meetings app on your device. You do not need to create an account.
- If you have never used Zoom – Go to www.zoom.us/download on the mobile device you will be using for your virtual visit and download Zoom Cloud Meetings.
- Once you have the Zoom Cloud Meetings app, with the app open return to the link provided and click “Join.”
- From a computer:
- If you do not have the Zoom app and are using a computer, type in the following website address: www.zoom.us/join
- If prompted, please type in your 10-digit meeting ID number.
- With either of these methods you will be placed in the virtual waiting room until the provider arrives. Make sure the mic and camera are on as indicated on the bottom of the screen.
Improving your health with expertise, compassion and grace.